Shawtina L. Ferguson - Associate
The Rasmussen Law Firm, LLP | 310-981-5514 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Los Angeles
Shawtina concentrates her practice in the fields of complex civil litigation with an emphasis on products liability and toxic tort defense.
Shawtina has managed all stages of the litigation process, including pre-trial case investigation and evaluation, discovery, law and motion and trial work.
At all times, Shawtina endeavors to problem-solve with clients and to ascertain their goals while working to implement and employ effective litigation strategies.
- BA, University of Notre Dame, 2005
- JD, University of Notre Dame, 2008
- State of California
- US District Court – Central District of California
- US District Court – Southern District of California
Presentations & Publications
- “How to Prepare for the Unexpected During Oral Argument” – The Los Angeles Lawyer – January 2013
- The First 30 Days: How to Analyze a Complaint Prior to Filing a Responsive Pleading – State Bar of California Conference (San Jose, CA) – October 10, 2013
- “Using Proactive Techniques for Successful Client Development” – The Los Angeles Lawyer – February 2014
- Defense of Take Home Exposure Cases – Las Vegas, NV – June 2015
- “Understanding the Rules and Procedures for Jury Selection” – The Los Angeles Lawyer – September 2015
- Volunteer Mentor, Big Brothers & Big Sisters of America, 2006-2008, 2012-2013
- Board of Governors, State Bar of California Young Lawyers Association, 2012-2016 (Chairperson, 2015-2016)
- Board of Directors, University of Notre Dame Alumni Association, 2013-2016
- Member, Black Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles