Shawtina L. Ferguson - Associate
The Rasmussen Law Firm, LLP | 310-981-5514 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Los Angeles
Shawtina concentrates her practice in the field of complex civil litigation with an emphasis on products liability and toxic tort defense.
Shawtina has extensive experience in all stages of the litigation process, including pre-trial case investigation and evaluation, taking and defending depositions, law and motion and trial work.
Shawtina most enjoys partnering with clients to understand their goals and meet them.
- BA, University of Notre Dame, 2005
- JD, University of Notre Dame, 2008
- State of California
- US District Court – Central District of California
- US District Court – Southern District of California
Presentations & Publications
- “How to Prepare for the Unexpected During Oral Argument” – The Los Angeles Lawyer – January 2013
- The First 30 Days: How to Analyze a Complaint Prior to Filing a Responsive Pleading – State Bar of California Conference (San Jose, CA) – October 10, 2013
- “Using Proactive Techniques for Successful Client Development” – The Los Angeles Lawyer – February 2014
- Defense of Take Home Exposure Cases – Las Vegas, NV – June 2015
- “Understanding the Rules and Procedures for Jury Selection” – The Los Angeles Lawyer – September 2015
- Member, DRI Women in the Law Committee
- Member, Black Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Board of Directors, University of Notre Dame Alumni Association, 2013-2016
- Board of Governors, State Bar of California Young Lawyers Association, 2012-2016 (Chairperson, 2015-2016)