Shawtina L. Ferguson - Associate
The Rasmussen Law Firm, LLP | 310-981-5514 | email@example.com | Los Angeles
Shawtina concentrates her practice in the fields of products liability defense and complex civil litigation.
Shawtina has managed all stages of the litigation process, including pre-trial case investigation and evaluation, discovery, law and motion and trial work.
At all times, Shawtina endeavors to problem-solve with clients and to ascertain their goals while working to develop and employ effective litigation strategies.
- BA, University of Notre Dame, 2005
- JD, University of Notre Dame, 2008
- State of California
- US District Court – Central District of California
- US District Court – Southern District of California
Presentations & Publications
- “How to Prepare for the Unexpected During Oral Argument” – The Los Angeles Lawyer – January 2013
- The First 30 Days: How to Analyze a Complaint Prior to Filing a Responsive Pleading – State Bar of California Conference (San Jose, CA) – October 10, 2013
- “Using Proactive Techniques for Successful Client Development” – The Los Angeles Lawyer – February 2014
- Defense of Take Home Exposure Cases – Las Vegas, NV – June 2015
- “Understanding the Rules and Procedures for Jury Selection” – The Los Angeles Lawyer – September 2015
- Volunteer Mentor, Big Brothers & Big Sisters of America, 2006-2008, 2012-2013
- Board of Governors, State Bar of California Young Lawyers Association, 2012 – present (Chair, 2015-present)
- Board of Directors, University of Notre Dame Alumni Association, 2013 – present