Kurt L. Rasmussen - Member
816-360-1704 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Kansas City
Kurt L. Rasmussen has practiced law for over thirty years and has tried well in excess of fifty cases.
In addition to asbestos products, he has defended actions involving fireworks, scaffolding, tampons, nail guns, trailer hitches, printing presses, exercise equipment, gas valves, and combustible drums.
In addition to products liability cases, Kurt is experienced in employment law, nursing home litigation, commercial litigation, and class actions.
Kurt serves as the managing member of the firm’s Los Angeles office.
- BS (magna cum laude), Georgetown University, 1979
- JD, Georgetown University, 1982
- State of Missouri
- State of California
- US Court of Appeals – 8th Circuit
- US Court of Appeals – 10th Circuit
- US District Court – Western District of Missouri
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Jessup International Moot Court Team, 1982
- Board Certified, Civil Trial Law & Practice, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 1994 – present
- AV-Rated Lawyer, Martindale-Hubbell, 1998 – present
- Super Lawyer, Personal Injury – Products: Defense, Missouri & Kansas SuperLawyers, 2013-2015
- The Best Lawyers in America, Product Liability Litigation: Defendants, 2016
- How to Pick a Jury – Trial Demonstration – Continuing Legal Education Series – University of Missouri – Kansas City Law School – 1989
- Contractors & Construction Defendants in Asbestos Litigation – Mealeys Asbestos Seminar – 2001
- How to Get Your Opponent to Disclose the True Cause of Mesothelioma – Andrews Asbestos Seminar – 2005
- Trial Questionnaires, Voir Dire & Pretrial Strategy to Reduce Risk – Defense Research Institute – 2010
- Ethics in the Asbestos World – Defense Research Institute – 2010
- Prior Products, Current Problems: How the Ghosts of Product Litigation Past Shape the Current Landscape – Defense Research Institute – 2013
- The State of the Art Conduct Defense: Defeating Negligence & Punitive Damages – Defense
- Asbestos Litigation Seminar – 2014
- Defense of Take Home Exposure Cases – Las Vegas, NV – June 2015
- City Union Mission Bed & Bread Club
- Friends of the Kansas City Hospice