Dyanna Ballou - Member
816-360-1759 | email@example.com | Kansas City
Dyanna has practiced law for over twenty years, primarily in the areas of product liability, medical malpractice, personal injury, and premises liability.
Her practice has included the defense of matters involving asbestos, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and pet food.
She has a special expertise working with scientific and other expert witnesses.
Dyanna has worked on over 20 jury trials in state and federal courts across the country.
• BA, University of Kansas, 1985
• JD, University of Kansas, 1988
• State of Missouri
• State of Kansas
• US District Court – Western District of Missouri
• Technical Editor, KU Law Review, 1987-1988
- February 2015: Served as lead trial attorney securing a defense verdict in a lung cancer case in the Circuit Court of St. Louis City after an 8 day trial. Plaintiff alleged that exposure to asbestos, silica, and second-hand smoke at the client’s facility caused her lung cancer. At the close of plaintiff’s case, the judge granted the defense team’s motion for directed verdict as to second-hand smoke and punitive damages. Plaintiff’s counsel sought $9 million in damages. But the jury agreed that the client did not cause the plaintiff’s lung cancer and returned a complete defense verdict.
- October 2015: Lead trial attorney in asbestos case in West Virginia State Court. Client dismissed before opening statements.
- June 2016: Lead trial attorney in asbestos case in Madison County, IL. Client dismissed before beginning of evidence.
- July 2016: Lead trial attorney in asbestos case in St. Louis State Court. Client dismissed before beginning of evidence.
- October 2016: Served as lead trial attorney securing a defense verdict in a mesothelioma case in Cook County, Illinois after a nearly 3 week trial. The plaintiff was a 47-year-old father of three who alleged exposure to asbestos while working as a diesel truck mechanic. The jury determined that the client was not responsible for the plaintiff's mesothelioma.
- Central Exchange, 2013-present
- Defense of Take Home Exposure Cases – Las Vegas, NV – June 2015
- Game of Conflicts – Las Vegas, NV – June 2016
- Practical Trial Insights: Recent Research Applied to Everyday Litigation – University of Missouri-Kansas City – June 2016
- Game of Conflicts – NITA—Defending Depositions - Cleveland, OH - March 2017