Dyanna Ballou - Member
816-360-1759 | email@example.com | Kansas City
Dyanna is a first-chair trial attorney who has practiced law for over thirty years, primarily representing defendants in the areas of product liability, toxic torts, medical malpractice, personal injury, and premises liability. She has tried numerous cases to verdict in courts across the country.
Her practice has included the defense of matters involving asbestos, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, pet food and various other products. She heads the Firm's Diversity Practice Group and has served as the Firm's CEO.
BA, University of Kansas, 1985
JD, University of Kansas, 1988
- State of Missouri
- State of Kansas
- State of Illinois
- State of Pennsylvania
- US District Court – Western District of Missouri
- US District Court – Eastern District of Missouri
- US District Court – Southern District of Illinois
Top 5 Missouri Defense Verdicts of 2017
- Defense Research Institute
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- May 2017: Trial attorney securing defense verdict in a mesothelioma case in Jackson County, Missouri. Plaintiff was a welder who alleged work exposures to asbestos. Jury returned a complete defense verdict.
- October 2016: Served as lead trial attorney securing a defense verdict in a mesothelioma case in Cook County, Illinois after a nearly 3 week trial. The plaintiff was a 47-year-old father of three who alleged exposure to asbestos while working as a diesel truck mechanic. The jury determined that the client was not responsible for the plaintiff's mesothelioma.
- February 2015: Served as lead trial attorney securing a defense verdict in a lung cancer case in the Circuit Court of St. Louis City after an 8 day trial. Plaintiff alleged that exposure to asbestos, silica, and second-hand smoke at the client’s facility caused her lung cancer. At the close of plaintiff’s case, the judge granted the defense team’s motion for directed verdict as to second-hand smoke and punitive damages. Plaintiff’s counsel sought $9 million in damages. But the jury agreed that the client did not cause the plaintiff’s lung cancer and returned a complete defense verdict.
- July 2016: Lead trial attorney in asbestos case in St. Louis State Court. Client dismissed before beginning of evidence.
- June 2016: Lead trial attorney in asbestos case in Madison County, IL. Client dismissed before beginning of evidence.
- October 2015: Lead trial attorney in asbestos case in West Virginia State Court. Client dismissed before opening statements.
- Defense of Take Home Exposure Cases – Las Vegas, NV – June 2015
- Game of Conflicts – Las Vegas, NV – June 2016
- Practical Trial Insights: Recent Research Applied to Everyday Litigation – University of Missouri-Kansas City – June 2016
- Game of Conflicts – NITA—Defending Depositions - Cleveland, OH - March 2017